Safety Features That Save You Money
Learn about auto safety features and how they may help reduce accidents and theft – meaning fewer claims and more savings for you.
Your car may already be equipped to save you money on auto insurance. If your vehicle has even one of these five safety features – anti-theft device or system, electronic stability control (ESC), passive restraint, forward-collision warning technology or adaptive headlights – you may qualify for discounts.8
Drivers want to protect their vehicles while keeping their passengers safe. Insurance companies want to help reduce the number of claims their customers experience. That’s why many insurers reward drivers who prioritize vehicle safety features with lower policy premiums. Aside from potentially earning you discounts, here’s how these safety features may protect drivers on the road:
- More than 750,000 drivers are victims of car theft each year,2 making an anti-theft system a sound investment.
- In 2015, an estimated 1,949 lives were saved by ESC.3
- In 2016, an estimated 2,756 lives were saved by frontal airbags, a type of passive restraint.5
- Forward-collision warning technology reduces rear-end crashes by 23 percent.6
- In 2016, 9,756 fatal crashes took place under “dark” conditions, which adaptive headlights can help reduce.7
While these vehicle safety features can’t prevent accidents or losses from happening, they may lessen the severity of the event, especially when paired with defensive driving practices. Contact your insurance company to learn if these discounts are available to you.8
- Passive and Active Anti-Theft Systems, Arizona Automobile Theft Authority, 2018.
- Vehicle Theft Prevention, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2016.
- Estimating Lives Saved by Electronic Stability Control, 2011–2015, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2017.
- Electronic Stability Control, SaferCar.gov, 2018.
- Lives Saved in 2016 by Restraint Use and Minimum-Drinking-Age Laws, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2017.
- Crashes Avoided: Front Crash Prevention Slashes Police-Reported Rear-End Crashes, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 2016.
- Traffic Safety Facts 2016, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2018.
- Discounts may vary and may not be available in all states.
Want to learn more about Amica auto insurance? Call today for a free personalized consultation.833-513-3881 833-513-3882
Save up to 25% when you combine Amica auto, home and life insurance.*Get a Free Online Quote